NASA-Hyper-Spectral Communications, Networking & ATM as Foundation for Safe & Efficient Future Flight
- "Collaborative Research: Modernizing the aviation communication links", co-PI, Awarded, $1,250,000. 2017-2020. PI: David Matolak, University of South Carolina
NSF-Enhancing Access to Radio Spectrum (EARS):
- "Collaborative Research: Overcoming Propagation Challenges at Millimeter-Wave Frequencies via Reconfigurable Antennas", PI, Awarded, $1,250,000. 2016-2019. CO-PIs: Nader Behdad, Hamid Jafarkhani, and Vida Vakilian.
NASA-Research Initiation Grant Program:
- "Enabling High-Speed Broadband Satellite Communications", PI, Awarded, $55,000. 2016-2017.
Department of Defense:
- "Equipment and Instrumentation for Millimeter-Wave Research", PI, Awarded, $468,000.
Australian Research Council Discovery Grant:
- "Realizable Synchronization Techniques: Unlocking the Potential of Future Wireless Networks", Co-PI, Awarded, $365,000, 2014-2016.
California State University Chancellor’s Grant:
- "Promising Practices Program RFP for Digital Communications", PI, Awarded, $25,000, 2014-2015.
IEEE: Exemplary reviewer award for IEEE Wireless Communication Letters,
- Recognizing contributions to IEEE Wireless Communication Letters (top 3% of the reviewers contributing to this journal).
IEEE GLOBECOM: Student Early Bird Award,
- Recognizing the contributions to technical symposia of the conference for IEEE student members.
IRDF: Industry Research and Development Fellowship,
- Prestigious national scholarship awarded based on research and academic excellence.
NSERC-PGSD: Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) postgraduate Scholarship-Doctoral,
- National scholarship awarded based on research and academic excellence.
Graduate Award: Queen’s University Graduate Award,
- Institutional Scholarship awarded based on leadership, research, and academic excellence.
Tri-Council: Tri-Council Scholarship,
- Provincial Scholarship awarded based on leadership and research excellence.
NSERC-CGSM: Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Alexander Graham Bell Award,
- National Scholarship awarded based on leadership, research, and academic excellence.
Wireless Innovation: Wireless Innovation Award of British Columbia,
- Provincial award recognizing innovation and entrepreneurship.
NRC: National Research Council of Canada Grant,
- National award supporting the introduction and commercialization of new products and technologies.
TNVBC: Telus New Ventures British Columbia Award,
- National award recognizing entrepreneurship and leadership.
CEC: Canadian Engineering Competition,
- National award recognizing leadership and technical excellence.
WCEC: Western Canadian Engineering Competition,
- Provincial award recognizing technical excellence.
SFU-OPEN: Simon Fraser University Open Scholarship,
- Institutional award recognizing academic excellence.